THE ANARCHY: The East India Company, Corporate Violence, and the Pillage of an Empire
In August 1765, the East India Company defeated the young Mughal emperor and set up, in his place, a government run by English traders who collected taxes through means of a private army.
The creation of this new government marked the moment that the East India Company ceased to be a conventional company and became something much more unusual: an international corporation transformed into an aggressive colonial power. Over the course of the next 47 years, the company’s reach grew until almost all of India south of Delhi was effectively ruled from a boardroom in the city of London.
The Anarchy tells one of history’s most remarkable stories: how the Mughal Empire-which dominated world trade and manufacturing and possessed almost unlimited resources-fell apart and was replaced by a multinational corporation based thousands of miles overseas, and answerable to shareholders, most of whom had never even seen India and no idea about the country whose wealth was providing their dividends. Using previously untapped sources, Dalrymple tells the story of the East India Company as it has never been told before and provides a portrait of the devastating results from the abuse of corporate power
41 in stock
Author: WILLIAM DALRYPMLE
Delivery1. Your orders shipped with FeedEx. 2. Free shipping orders only USA over $200.
Ship & Returns1. If you believe your package was damaged in shipping, we require that you contact us within 05 days of delivery and we will work with you to quickly resolve the issue. 2. We do not accept any returns after 45 days from ship date. 3. All refund recipients will receive and email confirmation for their records. 4. To cancel an order, please contact store as soon as possible. if your order has not yet shipped. we will refund yor payment as soon as possible.
More InformationIf you would like any help in choosing a size please do not hesitate to contact us on. Phone: +44 (12) 123 789 Email: email@example.com
- All items are subject to availability. Bookberry.pk will inform you as soon as possible if the goods you have ordered are not available.
- All prices are subject to change without notification.
- If any price is different from that displayed we will inform you before dispatching the order and you will have the option of continuing with the order or not.
- If for any reason you are unhappy with your purchase, please inform us within 24 – 48 hours of receiving the goods.
- Personal data received during the order process is used for the purpose of fulfilling orders.